Wednesday, June 16, 2010

WAS IT HEAVEN??

Last night I dreamt of angels,
Like those in grandma’s fables,
They came gliding through my window,
Beautiful little angels without a shadow,
Picked me up like I was a child,
Seeing me bewildered, they smiled,
"Speak nothing o infant, just surrender,
As the dream you are in is tender”
Said one of them looking me in the eye,
Hypnotised, I bid everything goodbye.
And the next moment I was in a city,
A city of no hopes and no surmise,
Where the residents were neither fools nor wise,
The hearts and minds free in flight,
Unlike the string in the end of a kite,
The clouds beneath and the stars, I plucked
Like a heedless child without a fright,
The winds that ruffled my hair,
Tickled like I was free of all despair,
Were the people walking past me Gods!!
Coz I felt my soul was rendered bare,
And all my guilt and sins were shared.
When their shoulders brushed against mine,
I experienced a delight that was divine,
A city of all the answers that was,
Tranquilizing my insides, ending the draught,
Beautiful little angels appeared,it was time to go,
“Speak nothing o infant, just surrender,
As the dream you are in is tender”
Said one of them looking me in the eye,
Hypnotised, I bid everything goodbye.
And the next moment I was on my bed,
In a city that was concrete and like a closet,
Sitting up on my bed I wondered,
Was it heaven? and the thought lingered..

2 comments:

  1. U call them GODS. Those insects who can crawl to live in a city with no hope and surmise.
    Those insects. Gods.

    Find one person in that city without fear, pain and despair. That one is God.

    Try it. Find one.
    And Heaven is where u deem to create it.
    City is cold. But u ain't. Remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And remove my comments after u read them.
    I dont want people to read them.
    They were just meant for you.

    ReplyDelete